Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SSO configuration

2000-09-11 15:57:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SSO configuration
From: Mike Andres mike_andres AT cnt DOT com
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:57:31 -0500
Hello,

    I'm testing SSO on two Solaris machines sharing a single drive.  I can
back up each machine individually to the shared drive without troubles, but,
when I try to back up each machine to the same drive concurrently both jobs
fight over the drive by unloading each others tapes and eventually one of
the drive instances goes down and tapes get frozen.  I verified the SSO
config by following technote ID 181822 (Verifying a Shared Storage Option
(SSO) Configuration) and everything looked good there.  The scan hosts
register properly with the DA host, etc.  The logs in the volmgr/reqlib show
the DA host is receiving and successfully processing requests to reserve the
shared drive, but it doesn't look to me like there is any real sharing
happening.  What am I missing here?  Some other necessary configuration
other than simply selecting the drive on each host to be a shared drive?

NBU 3.2 with SSO
Patch J0820443
One server is Solaris 2.6 and the other is 7
Tapes are STK 9840 (SCSI) in a 9738 library.

TIA,
-mike andres