Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] exclude list on netapps?

2000-09-08 15:59:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] exclude list on netapps?
From: Rob Worman rob AT colltech DOT com
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 14:59:09 -0500
Is there any way to exclude files from an NDMP (netapp) backup?

I think not, can anyone out there correct me?

(The standard netapp 'dump' tactic for this is by adding an X to the
command parameters)

The normal NBU procedure is certainly not an option, as there is not
a real client installed on the netapp.

The only other possibility would seem to be the environment variables
that can be passed to the netapp via the netbackup includes list.
But I have a strong suspicion that there's no magical environment
variable that can be propagated to the dump command.

opinions?
thanks
rob