Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] "load sharing" with storage units...

2000-09-07 14:25:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] "load sharing" with storage units...
From: parker AT bctm DOT com parker AT bctm DOT com
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 11:25:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

We've got a fairly new Veritas Netbackup setup with 2 main SAN-aware
servers (Sun Solaris), and a single jukebox with tape drives accessible
over the SAN. All drives in the jukebox are shared with SSO.

I've got this jukebox set up as a separate storage unit on each backup
host, with jukebox control on my master server. The storage units are
NOT defined as "on demand".

I have multiplexing turned on in the storage units, and multiple data
streams are allowed in most of my classes.

My impression is that when scheduled backups kick off, I should see each
storage unit getting some of the backup streams. However, what I see in
practice is ONLY the master server getting ANY backup streams - the
storage unit defined for the 2nd server gets none at all, hence all the
load is on my master...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ross
--
Ross Parker            |      UNIX Sys Admin, Perl and C,
Systems/Network Admin  |        Networking and security
                       |      Lisp has all the visual appeal of oatmeal
parker AT bctm DOT com        |   with fingernail clippings mixed in (Larry
Wall)