Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing Media IDs?

2000-09-06 10:46:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing Media IDs?
From: RYAN C. ANDERSON ryan_anderson AT udlp DOT com
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 09:46:32 -0500
We have been changing our media ID naming convention from all numbers
(ex: 001234) to a  letter-number scheme (ex: D01234) and have a question
about switching older tapes with expired data that are coming back from
off-site to the new convention with NetBackup 3.1.1 on Solaris.  Adding
in new tapes is no problem, so here's my question:

Is there a way to change the old media ID to a new one while keeping the
rest of its information (particularly the number of mounts its had)?

I've just started doing this simply by deleting the old media ID out of
Media Mgmt since the data is expired anyway, then re-adding it in as new
with a new label.  Is there a better way?

Regards,

RCA
Ryan C. Anderson           United Defense L.P.
UNIX Administrator         http://www.udlp.com/
(desk) 763.572.6684        (pager) 612.235.9936
ryan_anderson AT udlp DOT com     Mail stop M313