Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle Archive logs: I dont want to re-invent the wheel, so...

2000-09-06 10:35:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle Archive logs: I dont want to re-invent the wheel, so...
From: Mylyf99 AT aol DOT com Mylyf99 AT aol DOT com
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 10:35:10 EDT
Tony,
Have you looked at the bpend script in /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies...

this may be able to help you

In a message dated Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:34:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Tony_Tissicino AT firstar DOT com writes:

<< Subject:  [Veritas-bu] Oracle Archive logs: I dont want to re-invent the
wheel,
      so...
Does  Netbackup with Oracle Extensions have the ability to  backup the archive
logs to tape, then upon succesful completion either:

a: delete the files just backed up

or

b: kick off a script that will delete them. (must only kick off on  a status of
0 for obvious reasons)

I know this can be scripted independantly easily enough, but if the capability
is already in Netbackup I would just as soon use it.

Thanks,

Tony

--
Relevant stats:

Master Netbackup server: E5500, 6 400Mhz Cpus, 5 Gb Ram,  Solaris 7, Veritas
Volume Manager
w/ StorEdge L280 DLT Autoloader (8 tape)
Client #1: E3500, 2 400Mhz Cpus, 1 Gb Ram, Solaris 7,  Veritas Volume Manager
Client #2: Ultra 450, 1 400Mhz Cpu, 1 Gb Ram, Solaris 7, ufs