Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP tape drive access

2000-08-29 12:19:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP tape drive access
From: Scott Tinsley tinsley AT theALLIEDgroup DOT com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:19:37 -0400
--------------C0FBFF4230D6216625CD0EED

Is it possible for a Network Appliance file server to be attached to a tape
library that is shared with a Unix media/slave server where the slave server
has control of the robotics and still use NDMP for backups of the NetApp
server. I my experience with NDMP to date, the NDMP host had full control and
the only attachment to the tape library.

Thanks,

Scott Tinsley
The Allied Group
--------------C0FBFF4230D6216625CD0EED

begin:vcard
n:Tinsley;Scott
tel;pager:800-758-8888 Pin Number 1158965
tel;cell:804-304-1122
tel;fax:804-204-1733
tel;home:804-530-8662
tel;work:804-204-1750  X103
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.thealliedgroup.com
org:The Allied Group;SNS
version:2.1
email;internet:tinsley AT theallidegroup DOT com
title:Senior System Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;2104 West Laburnum Ave.=0D=0ASuite
100;Richmond;VA;23227;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;10544
fn:Scott Tinsley
end:vcard