Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetApp/NDMP to non-NetApp connected tapedrive/jukebox

2000-08-29 10:13:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetApp/NDMP to non-NetApp connected tapedrive/jukebox
From: Rudy Nedved ern AT spinnakernet DOT com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:13:10 -0400
Is anyone using Veritas NetBackup (with NDMP option) to
perform NDMP based backups over the network from a
Network Appliance to a tape drive that is not attached to
another Network Appliance?

My expectation "was" Veritas has its "tape server" working with
NDMP and I would simply backup via NDMP from the NetApp to the
Veritas tape server.... Either I am wrong or I am clueless on
configuring it.

The documentation repeatedly points for NetBackup 3.2 to a NetApp
SCSI attached tape drive (or a SCSI over fiber channel switched network).

Thanks,
-Rudy