Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] note from list manager

2000-08-16 13:04:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] note from list manager
From: Doug Hughes Doug.Hughes AT Eng.Auburn DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:04:22 -0500 (CDT)
Folks, I've been getting a whole lot of approval requests for posting lately.

The reason you get these is because the address that you used to subscribe to
the list is not the same as the address you are using to send email to the list.
Do not use aliases to subscribe to the list or you will not be able to post
without approval. Since, after today, I have no intention of approving any
messages where this is the case, it is in your best interest to unsubscribe
using your alias if applicable, and re-subscribe using whatever standard
address all of your email appears to come from. I simply don't have time
to do otherwise. I will make exceptions for some places like Veritas and
Sun where a person's mail server may change from message to message (odd,
and inconvenient, but true)

If you have been getting messages stating that your message is being
held for approval, this is most likely the reason why, otherwise, you
can safely ignore me. ;)

Also, a reminder: when posting to the list, please remember to turn off
HTML in your mail program. Try to use plain text only. It's still the
best medium for mail lists, particularly for archival and searching.

Thanks for understanding.