Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VERITAS NETBACKUP PROBLEM

2000-08-11 09:55:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VERITAS NETBACKUP PROBLEM
From: Jonathan Meyer jmeyer AT ptc DOT com
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:55:52 -0400
Curtis,

I have one possible thought about your problem.  I have seen behaviors
similar to what you describe when there was some type of firewall
between the servers.

I believe that when netbackup initiates a backup the master server
begins by contacting the client on the bpcd port, typically 13782.
The client then opens another connection back to the master server to
send back the data.  You might see a behavior like what you have
described if the client was not able or not allowed to open a
connection back to the server.

Jonathan Meyer
(781)398-6594
UNIX Systems Administrator