Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Change media ID?

2000-08-08 08:32:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Change media ID?
From: DataStaff, Inc. david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 07:32:41 -0500
Wyatt, thanks.

Unfortunately, there is no mention of that on page 328 and following where
it discusses how to import a tape that has the same media id as an existing
tape.

Ryan:  You'll need to do this for each backup image that has been
duplicated.

In that case, what I would do before the duplication is

bpduplicate -id EXISTING_MEDIA_ID -s $tassgn -PM > /tmp/somefile

-PM give you a preview of the media contents that falls within your
criteria, in this case it will be everything from the time it as assigned.

I'd redirect that to a file and use it later in re-assigning the npc with a
quick command line script and awk.

Since the newly duplicated images will be copy 2, your command line will
look something like this:

    $NBU/bin/admincmd/bpduplicate -npc 2 -backupid <bid>

Good luck.

David