Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrate catalog form UNIX master to NT

2000-08-07 11:46:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrate catalog form UNIX master to NT
From: Dave Read dsread AT hewitt DOT com
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:46:52 -0500
We are thinking about migrating our master server from UNIX to NT.  Currently we
have one UNIX master server and one UNIX media server.  The UNIX media server
would not change.  Is it possible to migrate the catalog from a UNIX master to
NT.

Also, how many DLT 7000 tape drives can an NT media server drive.  I have heard
that the INTEL architecture of PCI busses, and NT's IP stack are bottlenecks.
Has anyone been able to drive more than 6 DLT7000s from a single NT media
server?

We have a StorageTek 9710 with 8 (soon to be 10) DLT 7000s.  NBU 3.2 w 413 jumbo
patch.

Thanks

Dave Read
Hewitt Associates