Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Big library - thanks!

2000-07-04 17:46:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Big library - thanks!
From: parker AT bctm DOT com parker AT bctm DOT com
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 14:46:18 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to all for the messages re: what's a good big jukebox.

weren't crazy-busy right now, I'd find the time, but...)

General consensus was not a surprise - the leading contenders are the:

- StorageTek L700
- ATL P3000/P6000
- ADIC Scalar 1000

in no particular order. All three seem to have happy users, which is
both good and bad - good because it gives us a choice, and bad because
it gives us a choice :^)

I probably had a FEW more recommendations for the StorageTek than the
others, but all had happy customers.

Cheers!

Ross
--
Ross Parker            |      UNIX Sys Admin, Perl and C,
Systems/Network Admin  |        Networking and security
                       |      Lisp has all the visual appeal of oatmeal
parker AT bctm DOT com        |   with fingernail clippings mixed in (Larry
Wall)