Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 11 Error

2000-06-20 21:32:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 11 Error
From: Karl Larson karl AT gnac DOT com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 18:32:42 -0700
On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 05:59:10PM -0400, O'Shea, Don wrote:
> I have not installed the patch on these systems yet and since our Change
> Manager has left for the day it looks as if it will have to wait. It was
> strange though that it worked for 2 days fine and then this has been coming
> up. I have increased the cache size for now to see if this helps and I will
> install the patch tomorrow.
>
> I found a reference to this problem that says the patch J0820326 would
> resolve this. I currently have the Junbo patch J0820363 which I believe is
> the latest. Would this one also resolve the problem or do I need to install
> both?
>
> Don

Jumbo patches are cumulative, and the current one is J0820412. It's been
out since May 2nd, so you can be fairly confident that it's stable. I
don't remember which patch really included this fix. I know it was
promised for one particular jumbo patch release, but didn't actually make
it until the following one. If you don't want to do the jumbo patch now,
they do also have a stand-alone patch for just this bug that theoretically
works with any patch level (I've tried it with several, and it worked).
But, you'll be best off with just installing the current jumbo patch,
assuming you're on at least Solaris 2.6, as Todd said. There are lots
of other good things in this patch.

And, just as a reminder, they've changed the ftp servers around, and
the official repository is now:

ftp://ftp.nbu.support.veritas.com/pub/support/Products/NetBackup_for_UNIX

Send them your carpal tunnel bills.

--
Karl Larson, System Architect
Global Networking and Computing, Inc.