Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] my TL8 drives keep going down

2000-06-20 11:40:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] my TL8 drives keep going down
From: Haifang Telc haifang AT cse.ucsc DOT edu
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:40:44 -0700
Hi everyone,

I'm running Netbackup 3.1.1 on a Solaris machine. I have a Qualstar library
with 3 Sony SDX-310C/L AIT tape drives. During the backup through the night,
the drives keep going down and a AIT tape could freez in the drive. In
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/media/errors, I get "Write error". But when I run the
same backup job manually, the same drives and the same tapes would write fine.

Anyone had encountered such situation? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Haifang
--
Haifang W. Telc
UNIX System Manager