Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup and MacOS 9?

2000-06-08 15:27:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup and MacOS 9?
From: Jeff Holmbeck Jeff.Holmbeck AT veritas DOT com
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 14:27:52 -0500
At 07:56 +0200 2000-06-08, Andreas.Christen AT srgssrideesuisse DOT ch wrote:
>I've installed it(even under 9.04) and it seems to work. Let's not talk
>about the "horrible" gui veritas created...
>It'll also work for MacOS X Server as a client

For Mac OS X Server:

The Mac OS client can run in the Mac OS X Server Blue Box.  However, it
won't be able to backup "/" or any other UFS partition.

You are better off using the Mac OS X Server client that is available with
the latest Jumbo patch (J0820412).  This client is more UNIX-like, but it
can backup and restore both UFS and HFS+ partitions.  The GUI (non-GUI?)
is primitive.  It's the curses based "bp" utility found on the other UNIX
clients.

--
Jeff Holmbeck                   VERITAS Software
Jeff.Holmbeck AT veritas DOT com       Minnesota Office