Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup problem

2000-06-07 12:55:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup problem
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:55:50 -0500 (CDT)
Don:

Is this the master server you are running the interface
from?

This may be a simple DNS problem (resolving names -
check your bp.conf file for the SERVER= entries) or if
it is not the master,  but an administrative client,
you have to make sure that your administrative client
is in the bp.conf file of the master server as

SERVER=administrative client name

and in your vm.conf file as

KNOWN=administrative client name

Also, do you have the same rights as a Domain Admin, if
not you'll be limited on what you can see from the NT
Administrative client side.

David Chapa
DataStaff, Inc.
nbu-lserv AT datastaff DOT com

Quoting "O'Shea, Don" <Don.OShea AT emergis DOT com>:

> Has anybody encountered this error before?
>
> I am able to install Netbackup 3.2 without any
problem but when I start the
> Netbackup Administartion program and when I select
the Storage Units
> management or the Backup Policy Management I get the
following error when
> those programs start : The error is from Nbclass :
>
> The list of Storage Units could not be retrivied,
status:37 operation
> requested by an invalid server.
>
> When I click on OK I get in the application but I
cannot do anything! All