Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] mammoth 2 drives

2000-05-31 07:45:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] mammoth 2 drives
From: iverson ausinusa AT home DOT com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 05:45:04 -0600
Hello,

Does anyone have experience with the new Exabyte Mammoth 2 tape drives?  We
are considering them, and when we look at the numbers: speed, capacity, and
price,  they are twice as fast, hold twice as much, and cost 1/2 of DLT
drives.  Any other pros or cons that only come with experience that don't
show up on the propaganda sheets?  Helical scan verses Linear,
"shoe-shining", etc.  I don't know if they are supported with NBU 3.2 but
have heard the drivers are out there and they are supported with NBU 3.4
being released soon?   Any comments appreciated.  Please respond to group
only.

Thanks,
Jay