Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HA and NBU

2000-05-18 11:50:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HA and NBU
From: Mike Andres mike_andres AT cnt DOT com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 10:50:23 -0500
Hi,

     Does anyone have any experience with designing HA NBU networks?  I'm
interested in a basic idea of the architecture.  i.e. assuming some
clustering software (VCS), do you have to have one active master and a
passive standby which takes over upon failure of the active, or can you have
a master and a media server as the standby which takes over upon failure of
the master?  Also, I doubt this is possible or even a good idea, but can you
have multiple masters in a network and have each client configured on each
master, then when one master dies, the clients still get backup up.

Thanks for any help,
-mike