Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] nonroot users - xbpmon

2000-04-25 10:55:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] nonroot users - xbpmon
From: Rob Worman rob AT rob.mail.colltech DOT com
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:55:24 -0500
Riddle me this...

two nbu masters (patched NBU 3.2 running on solaris).  Nonroot folk (i.e.
members of the "ops" group) are currently slated to watch monitor ongoing
backup status via xbpmon.

On one server (which set up) I did a chmod/chgrp and all is well.  On
another server (which I did not set up), an ops login IS able to start up
xbpmon, but the GUI then displays zero job info.  If I run xbpmon as root,
I see all the data I normally expect.

What am I missing here?

1. I've checked permissions on the xbpmon binary

#which xbpmon
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/xbpmon
# ls -l /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/xbpmon
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root    other    36 Mar  9 13:15
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/xbpmon -> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/xbpmon
#ls -l /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/xbpmon
-r-sr-x---   1 root    ops 2269664 Jan 17 18:17 blah blah

2. I've verified group membership for the operator account

operator@backupserver % id
uid=1005(operator) gid=102(ops)
operator@backupserver % groups
ops