Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing master server name

2000-04-21 11:38:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing master server name
From: Robert Bakh bbakh AT veritas DOT com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 08:38:45 -0700
In the masters bp.conf you should put the lines
SERVER = a1
SERVER = a1-bk
SERVER = b1-bk
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = b1 b1-bk
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = a1 a1-bk
REQUIRED_INTERFACE = a1-bk
CLIENT_NAME = a1-bk
alos execute this command

ln -s /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/a1 /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/a1-bk
ln -s /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/b1 /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/b1-bk

on the media serever

SERVER = a1-bk
SERVER = b1-bk
REQUIRED_INTERFACE = b1-bk
CLIENT_NAME = a1-bk

on all clients make sure you set the bp.conf or using the netbackup
configuration gui

Set the master to a1-bk and a server to b1-bk and REQUIRED_INTERFACE to
server-bk

that should help
Bob