Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing master server name

2000-04-19 17:24:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing master server name
From: Mary Lee exumal AT newman.exu.ericsson DOT se
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:24:53 -0500
Hi,

We are going to use a backbone network for backup.  Physically, master server,
second media server and all clients remained the same but will be using
different server name and IP address for backup connection.  My question is how
I manage the netbackup database on the master server and the second media in
order to have a clean and problem free transition.

For example, the existing master server a1, second media server b1 will also be
called a1-bk and b1-bk respectfully using the IP address connected to the
backbone network.  Both master server and the second media server have a
robotic storage device attach to them.  Master server stores the Netbackup
database.  If I create new host names for master server and the second media
server, how I make them recognize all the existing tapes without hassle?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Mary.