Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] (no subject)

2000-04-18 15:20:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] (no subject)
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:20:16 -0500 (CDT)
Mary:

AVAILABLE media as described by the available_media
script in the goodies directory indicate that the media
is not assigned, therefore it is 'AVAILABLE' for use by
NetBackup.  The error message you are receiving
'requested media id was not found in NB media database
and/or MM volume database' is normal when running the
bpmedialist command from the command line on an
unassigned piece of media or a non-existent piece of
media.

./bpmedialist -ev ZZZZZZ (if mediaid ZZZZZZ is not
currently assigned or doesn't exist at all in your
database, you will get that error message)

Media Manager is where you want to look to see if in
fact you have media assinged to the correct volume pool.

What you did in copying the NBU class shouldn't have
any affect on your media.

I hope this helps.

-David Chapa