Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NT client vs. system dlls

2000-04-12 12:07:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NT client vs. system dlls
From: Scott Garrett sgarrett AT technomancer DOT com
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:07:59 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Richard Parkinson wrote:

> I have a customer that actually installed the patch on 100+ NT Clients
> all at once and then rebooted over a matter of a couple of weeks.
> Although this is probably not the best way to do things, they did not
> see any problems from not rebooting.

Well, I'm in the middle of that problem right now.  Since the NT IDR does
not come with the stock client, but only in the jumbo patch, you HAVE to
reboot before you can use it.  I have a number of boxes that have older
version of the client on it, or don't yet even have the client on it.

For the most part, I've been able to do backups without rebooting, but the
IDR stuff bitches about the mfc42u.dll file when you try to run it (which,
by the way, the patch completely fails to install it's version; it won't
even do the rename trick).

--
        Scott Garrett     mailto:sgarrett AT technomancer DOT com
                                          http://www.technomancer.com

  *** Unix *is* user friendly.  It's just picky about who its friends are.