Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] waiting for scheduler work queue

2000-04-11 14:17:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] waiting for scheduler work queue
From: Mary Lee exumal AT newman.exu.ericsson DOT se
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:17:06 -0500
Hi,

We have been getting numeric INF messages during SAP database backup:

INF - Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue on master server

On one occasion, each wait lasted about 15 minutes and there were 9 waits.
This is a backup performed on a media server and the database is local on this
server.  Looked like this backup was waiting for the master server allocating
work queue.  When this happened, there was another backup writing data onto
master server's robotic storage.

I also noticed on both database backup, the log files showed the following
warning:

"SAP_lock_files: WARNING : Removing entry from backint.time file : #SUCCESS
NB095xxxxxxx 02/xx/00 xx:xx:00 02/xx/00 xx:xx:xx"

where xx has its respective numbers.

Could it be a parameter that I need to tune to resolve this problem?
Appreciate your help.

Mary.