Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] old tapes are not expired.

2000-04-05 15:53:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] old tapes are not expired.
From: Andrey Shinkarev shinkara AT spartan.pprd.abbott DOT com
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:53:05 -0500
On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 09:17:57PM -0700, Pat Whelan wrote:

        Before I'd had this problem I thought the same.
It's just in theory. In practice:

Tape number 000005 contains following backup images,
I read it directly from the tape usign Reports -> Images on media

honey-backup.pprd.abbott.com_0929785180
jif-backup.pprd.abbott.com_0929753600
kerouac.pprd.abbott.com_0929769126
olympia.pprd.abbott.com_0929760151
plato.pprd.abbott.com_0929750678
ugene.pprd.abbott.com_0929780072
vegemite-backup.pprd.abbott.com_0929785182
xtal.pprd.abbott.com_0929785179
Noone of them exists in image database:

# bpimagelist -backupid honey-backup.pprd.abbott.com_0929785180
no entity was found
# bpimagelist -backupid jif-backup.pprd.abbott.com_0929753600
no entity was found
# bpimagelist -backupid xtal.pprd.abbott.com_0929785179
no entity was found

But:
# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpmedialist -mlist -l | fgrep 000005
000005 *NULL* 1 13 929750678 929753600 2147483647 954959571 29612303 6 6 6 1 0
552 1024 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

or usign /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/available_media
000005  DLT      TLD      2       10     -       -       6     29612303 FULL/MPX

We dont' want to duplicate tapes, it's question of 600 DLT tapes.