Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Automating Configuration

2000-04-05 10:56:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Automating Configuration
From: Richard Parkinson richard.parkinson AT nsmg.veritas DOT com
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:56:34 -0400
Robin,

Some of this can be automated.  You will still need to install the
software and the patch and configure the devices.  Once that is complete
you can stop the software, copy over the following files:

\veritas\volmgr\vm.conf (make sure the only entry here is your SCRATCH_POOL
                                entry and make sure there is a carriage
return at
                                the end of the line)
\veritas\volmgr\database\poolDB
\veritas\volmgr\database\ruleDB
\veritas\netbackup\db\class (copy the entire directory)

Once you do this, restart the software.  You will need to go through
and clean up your classes and make your changes.  But everything
should work from that point.

I would test this first and make sure there are no holes in the process.

Rich Parkinson
Veritas Consultant