Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netware client for Solaris master

2000-04-04 11:55:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netware client for Solaris master
From: Robert Bakh bbakh AT veritas DOT com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 08:55:08 -0700
Well let me take a stab at this.

1.  Create a target for each volume on the NetWare Box.

2.  Create a class with the following file list

        NEW_STREAM
        VOLUME1
        NEW_STREAM
        VOLUME2
        NEW_STREAM
        VOLUME3
        NEW_STREAM
        VOLUME4
        NEW_STREAM
        VOLUME5

3.  Make sure that the class artributes allow mulpile streams is checked.

4.  Set the schedule to and MPX maching the number of streams, upto about 6
so in tihs case 5

This should give you some performace boosts, I saw speeds of 17GB per hour
at a client site.

5.  Class NBU support and ask for some tuning parameters for NetWare, they
have them, and so do I but just not in my e-mail box right now.

Hope this helps,

Bob