Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: SQL Default Policy (Retention Period)

2000-03-13 04:34:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: SQL Default Policy (Retention Period)
From: Alan Crocker alan AT thecrockers.co DOT uk
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:34:23 +0000
<--- John Klann wrote --->

> The default policy accepts/denies the backup based on the schedule you set.
> Typically
> the default policy is set wide open to 24x7. This leaves the other schedules
> to control
> the initiation. Keep in mind the default policy is the schedule that is used
> to set retention.

Is it possible to invoke a script based selection value such as
'BPBACKUP_SCHED' in order to get the incoming backup stream directed to a
particular schedule and thus onto a tape of a given retention policy?

I thought this was the standard procedure for Oracle and Sybase type backups -
not SQL?

Alan