Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL Default Policy

2000-03-10 08:32:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL Default Policy
From: John Klann John.Klann AT veritas DOT com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:32:17 -0500
Mike,

The default policy is used to accept the request coming in from the client
to perform the DB backup. You use the Full or Incremental schedule to set a
time to request the client to initiate the backup and what script to run.
The default policy accepts/denies the backup based on the schedule you set.
Typically the default policy is set wide open to 24x7. This leaves the other
schedules to control the initiation. Keep in mind the default policy is the
schedule that is used to set retention.

John

John Klann
VERITAS Systems Engineer

Plan on attending  VERICON 2000 Oct 22 - 26
http://www.veritas.com/vericon2000 <http://www.veritas.com/vericon2000>

Suite 200
1271 Winston Road
Maitland, Fl 32751
407-830-4182 4168fax
jklann AT veritas DOT com <mailto:jklann AT veritas DOT com>