Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vaulting Originals

2000-03-03 15:32:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vaulting Originals
From: Frinzl, Ken kjf40180 AT glaxowellcome DOT com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 15:32:24 -0500
Hey Neil,

  I have Sun L11000 (ATL P3000) and Sun 7/3500 (ATL 7/100) tape libraries.
I eject backup tapes every morning to send offsite.  When the tape is moved
to the cap door I change the volume group  to an offsite volume group.
These tapes stay offsite till they expire or it is needed for a restore.
When the tapes are re-entered when they expire they automatically become
part of the volume group they were previous to being ejected.

Ken