Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup and tripwire

2000-03-02 13:46:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup and tripwire
From: Michael Wei wei AT colltech DOT com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:46:46 -0600 (CST)
The answer should be yes.  Changing the content of the file causes the change
of mtime.  mtime change is considered a change in the inode.  Any inode change
will result in a ctime change.

An unrelated topic.  Solaris has a special file read mode that allows a
file being read without atime update.  It's a nice feature for backup
software.