Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Intelligent Disaster Recover

2000-02-18 17:45:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Intelligent Disaster Recover
From: Patrick Boyle PBoyle AT esri DOT com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:45:03 -0800
We have used IDR here and even our most pessimistic NT
admin is impressed.
There is an odd occurrence when restoring the networking,
we cannot go straight through the install, we have to
step backwards at the Network portion, remove the additional
network driver that somehow gets configured in addition to the
proper one, and then we can continue fine.

We are 100% (15 out of 15 ) on test attempts, including
a Backup Domain Controller that had the entire Compaq
Disk Array wiped clean!   I like it.

-patrick

Patrick Boyle
ESRI Systems Administration
Voice:          [909] 793-2853  Ext. 1-1461
Numeric Pager:  [909] 777-2791
E-mail:         PBoyle AT esri DOT com