Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] AW: [Veritas-bu] Problems with IRIX-6.5.3 clients and user direct ed backups

2000-02-16 04:32:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] AW: [Veritas-bu] Problems with IRIX-6.5.3 clients and user direct ed backups
From: Christian Buhn Christian.Buhn AT UniBw-Muenchen DOT de
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:32:32 +0100
I'd like to point out, that we suffer from the same problem
as Andrew.

It occurs while archiving files on an IRIX 6.5 platform with
a Solaris 7 - UE 4000 NBU-Server.
- netbackup is able to backup all intended files - but not
to delete them afterwards.

The archiving exits with status 3 and the client-bpbkar log
shows the message:
>11:34:29 WRN - attr_list (0x3) failed on ...

Error occurs with NBU 3.2 on master server and client level
3.1.1 AND 3.2 (I tried both)!!
Error occurs since we updated to NBU 3.2
Patch level NBU 3.2 on NBU Server and client is Jumbo *326!

I know from another NBU-site that they suffer from exactly
the same problem.

I think there might be a problem with the ACL-handling on
IRIX-platform.

Further ideas - any solutions would be welcome!

With regards

Christian Buhn