Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup and HP OpenView

2000-02-15 13:41:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup and HP OpenView
From: Paul Weaver paulw AT stratech DOT com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:41:55 -0500
Tim,
    We don't use NNM for that, but if you have email paging capablities, then
it is real easy to set up paging on failures.  There
is a script, /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/backup_exit_notify, that you can edit to
easily send an email.  With one "IF" statement, you
can only send mail if the status is NOT 0 or 1, or whatever, using the standard
mail utility.  If this is for NT, veritas gives a
recommendation for an NT mailer program called "blat".  The website to get it
is in one of the readme files on NT, I forget which
one right now.
    Netbackup is very versatile in this area with all the scripts they use.

Paul Weaver
Strategic Technologies