Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Best way to inventory a TSD?

2000-02-11 16:34:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Best way to inventory a TSD?
From: Rob Worman rob AT colltech DOT com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 15:34:54 -0600
(using NBU 3.1.1 on Solaris)

Speaking of inventorying a TSD, what's the best way to get labels
onto a new tape?  (keeping in mind I have no barcodes, so therefore I
can't rely on barcode rules)

If I try this...
================

     use robtest to mount tape (m s1 d1)
     run "bplabel -ev 123456 -d dlt -u 0
         (the u 0 tells it to write on drive index 0, as reported by xdevadm)

bplabel says:

           "cannot assign a robotically controlled device"

which leaves me feeling like I have to redefine my tape drive as a
standalone, which I'd really rather not do just for the purpose of
adding tapes...

TiA
rob