Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU: Best way to inventory a TSD?

2000-02-09 16:17:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU: Best way to inventory a TSD?
From: Taylor, Larry A. LTaylor AT sempra DOT com
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 13:17:27 -0800
We had to manually create labels and then run  a sequence of commands to
tell NBU to inventory the unit and give the tapes the same names we used on
the manual labels.  Something like this:

#!/bin/ksh
integer label_index=$2
label=$1
for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6
do
        prefix=""
        if [ label_index -lt 10 ]
        then
                prefix=0
        fi

        /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmadd -m ${label}${prefix}${label_index}  -mt
dlt -rt tld -rn 2 -rh atom -rc1
 $i
        /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -p NetBackup -m
${label}${prefix}${label_index}
        rsh mediaserverhostname "/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bplabel
-ev ${label}${prefix}${label_index} -d dlt -p N
one -o"
        /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -p NetBackup -m
${label}${prefix}${label_index}
        label_index=label_index+1
done

Then, to see what tapes are in what slots do this:
        vmquery -h vdbhostname -M masterhostname -rn robotnum
and grep,awk, to grab the output you want, or just display to the stdout.

The rsh command shouldn't be required, but we had to use it - I bet there's
someone out there that can tell us what we were missing in the vmadd and
vmchange commands.