Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup equipment

2000-02-07 18:27:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup equipment
From: Danny Foreman danny.foreman AT pvii DOT com
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 17:27:43 -0600
Hello all,

We are gearing up to start teaching NetBackup here at PVI in Kansas City
soon.  I've been tasked to request the equipment necessary to have a
successful class.  I've been told I should group the machines in groups
of two with one having an ATL L500 and the other having a stand-alone
tape drive (4mm/8mm).  Have any of you instructors successfully used
some other configuration.  We would like to be as cost efficient as
possible, but we also want to give the students a good solid foundation
to work with.  Any comments differing from the suggested option are
welcome.  There is no reason that I can think of to gum up the list(s)
with the responses.  Please reply to me personally.

Thanks,
Danny Foreman
PVI
Instructor