Networker

Re: [Networker] daemon.raw on backup clients

2013-09-23 16:10:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] daemon.raw on backup clients
From: "Stanley R. Horwitz" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 15:03:59 +0000
The daemon.raw file turns over each time NetWorker is restarted, but even over
time, that log file rarely grows larger then a few MB because all it typically
shows on clients is when NetWorker’s processes start. If it is getting that
large, I suggest you view the file to see if there are any repeating events
(other than start up notices) in it. You can use the tool nsr_render_log to
view the daemon.raw file, by the way. If there are any recurring events that
are out of the ordinary, it might signal a problem of some sort with that
client.