Networker

[Networker] Adding Networker Clients in Bulk using client info exported

2013-08-14 07:06:45
Subject: [Networker] Adding Networker Clients in Bulk using client info exported
From: Lagerstars <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 04:00:38 -0700
Ok,

Hopefully someone can help me with doing this...

I've got an export of clients and the fields that I deem necessary in a long
exported list using NSRADMIN.

What I'd like to be able to do is import this list in to a fresh Networker
build in the least painful way possible. The obvious first option would be to
paste "create type: nsr client;" above every client name in the list and run
that against nsradmin as the import file. However with a huge number of
clients, this process would be annoyingly slow and painful and any changes made
that required a new export at a later date would then lose that command added
and would need to be done again.

Does someone know of a way to pipe the input file in in such a way that it can
loop through this long list? Or is what i'm wanting to do not really possible.

Oh and before anyone asks why would you want to do this, you can just restore
the boostrap - i'm looking at potentially having to rebuilt a knackered
installation due to a colleague taking a backup of the NSR folders before
tampering but not stopping services before he tried copying it back and its
caused all sorts of weird duplications and problems.

Thanks in advance