Networker

Re: [Networker] Migrating networker client to new networker server - server

2013-07-25 10:12:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migrating networker client to new networker server - server
From: "Clark, Patricia A." <clarkpa AT ORNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:06:58 -0400
On 7/24/13 11:52 PM, "bingo" <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM> wrote:

>" I added the client with its clientid to the server."
>   I doubt that using the same clientID is really necessary as both NW
>servers have independent databases.
>
>"Nada."
>   Nada what? - does the NW service on the client work at all? or does it
>refuse to start? (daemon.raw would help).
>   Does the ..\nsr\res\servers file on the client has entries for both
>servers? - If not, add the second one and restart the service.
>
>   Does "nsradmin -p nsrexec -s <other_host>" answer? - Check from both
>sides?
>
>+----------------------------------------------------------------------
>|This was sent by carsten_reinfeld AT avus-cr DOT de via Backup Central.
>|Forward SPAM to abuse AT backupcentral DOT com.
>+----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you bingo.  Your reply gave me the starting point to resolve the
issue.  First, the client was running without issue and the logs had
nothing in them regarding connections being made or not.  Using your
suggestion, I was able from both server and client to run nsradmin against
each other.  I went to the documentation after that and it mentions
running ping which I'd already done, but below that it talks about
exercising rpcinfo. This failed on the server to client test and was
otherwise successful on all other tests.  I opened the client firewall
port for UDP 7938 and everything began working.  I do find the
documentation for having this port open to be a little ambiguous.

Patti Clark
Linux System Administrator
Research and Development Systems Support Oak Ridge National Laboratory