Networker

[Networker] Migrating networker client to new networker server - server cannot connect to client

2013-07-24 18:29:18
Subject: [Networker] Migrating networker client to new networker server - server cannot connect to client
From: "Clark, Patricia A." <clarkpa AT ORNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 18:24:16 -0400
I have several clients slated for migration to a new networker server.  The
first client is a Windows 2008R2 server that was recently upgraded to v8.0.  It
has been managed by a Windows networker server.  The new networker server is a
RHEL 6.4 server with 8.0.2.  Both client and server DNS lookups are correct and
on the reverse too.  Each can ping the other.  I added the client with its
clientid to the server.  My NMC runs on the networker server.  I updated the
client in all of the prescribed places via nsradmin with my nmc user and server
name and restarted the services.  Nada – on the server on the local host entry
for the client, an attempt to make the connection fails using UDP ping.  My
host-based firewall is offline.  The client firewall is not restricted to any
particular networker server.  Both are on the same network – no network
firewall involved.  System clocks sync up.  Logs don't have anything.  I am
running out of ideas on what the issue may be or where to loo!
 k.  I've muddled around with Win clients before, but I am not a strong admin.
Just enough to stay out of the danger zone.  Any suggestions on where to look
or what to try?

Patti Clark
Linux System Administrator
Research and Development Systems Support Oak Ridge National Laboratory