Networker

[Networker] Choosing Enterprise backup software

2013-07-03 10:36:13
Subject: [Networker] Choosing Enterprise backup software
From: alioracledba <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 23:38:03 -0700
Hi there and a good morning to all :)

We are in the process of choosing or evaluating the enterprise backup software.

1. Symantec NetBackup.
2. EMC Networker.

I am actually a Database administrator, but i was given this assignmen and i am
liking to do it.

As i have not used any of these softwares, could you please give me some hints
on which one to choose based on your experience.

Our Environment:
We need to backup Exchange and 4 solaris servers, 2 Oracle databases, and about
20 windows servers.

I am sure this question might have been asked, sorry for asking again. I am new
to this forum and will search for it.

Thanks.