Networker

[Networker] When does changing a browse/retention policy take effect?

2013-05-13 11:19:35
Subject: [Networker] When does changing a browse/retention policy take effect?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:12:58 -0400
I have a question. Suppose I have a client that has a default browse/
retention policy of 6 months. Now I have decided I only need it to be a
browse time of 2 months. (the end goal: I need to free up some space on
the drive where the client indexes are stored)

I will change the browse time in the client definition in NMC, and that is
only for *new* savesets for this client, created from now forward, For
existing savesets, I would need to change find all the savesets older than
2 months, change the browse date to be a date that is now in the past, and
then ...  run "nsrim -X" to expire those 4 months of savesets?

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM