Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker on Linux

2013-04-23 14:25:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker on Linux
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 13:23:54 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] Networker on Linux, Ted Pritchard said (at 1:17pm...:

I'm hoping someone may be able to point me in the direction of a good Networker manual/paper that describes information specific to Networker running on Linux platform.

What specifically are you interested in learning?

The "Technical Guidance for Upgrades ..." PDF has sections specific to
each server platform, including recommended OS tuning for Linux.

There's also a "Configuring Tape Devices for EMC NetWorker" (300-008-352)
that has a section specific to Linux that will give you some info about
device files, the /etc/stinit.def, udev, etc.

If you have specific questions after reading those, ask on the list.
There's lots of Linux NetWorker experience here.

Tim
edu