Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up a Win2012 client to a 7.6 server ??

2013-04-17 16:51:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up a Win2012 client to a 7.6 server ??
From: Rainer Rethmeier <rethmeier.rainer AT WEB DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 22:44:39 +0200
Yes, that works. I know companys running that configuration. Take the latest
8.0.1 (8 SP1) for the client.
Configure the ports (nsrladb or nsrports) and open that ports in the
firewall.
If possible do an update to 765 on the server. Take care of authentication
error messages in the daemon.raw.
If there are a lot of messages in the daemon, this is supposed to be fixed.
You can not operate a 8.0 NSR server with 7.6 Storage Nodes !
Regards Rainer