Networker

[Networker] Migration

2013-04-04 10:03:32
Subject: [Networker] Migration
From: nmurphy1507 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 06:56:58 -0700
Is there a handy way, a tool or some form of calculator to try an work out how
long a data migration exercise would take to complete?

We are looking at moving data from one Data Domain device to a new, bigger Data
Domain and we are being asked how long it will take to complete the migration.
Is there a tool that can give approx. time frames or is too big an ask due to
all the different factors involved in working it out eg: type of data, size of
files, LAN connections, HBA factors, switch speed factors etc.

Any feed back appreciated.