Networker

[Networker] SV: DeDupe options

2013-03-22 08:46:01
Subject: [Networker] SV: DeDupe options
From: Tony Albers <Tony.Albers AT PROACT DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 12:39:23 +0000
I think the cheapest solution would be Quantum DXi's, the 6700 series are quite
good and very fast. They do inline variable-length block-based target dedupe
and they can be set up with replication and path-to-tape.
If you're running NW on windows, I'd suggest using the DXI's as VTLs since
there are some performance issues with CIFS from the DXi's. NFS works perfectly
though.

I personally prefer DataDomain, but they are a bit expensive still.

/tony