Networker

[Networker] Bud disk Pool volumes with available space being ignored - why?

2013-02-14 05:00:59
Subject: [Networker] Bud disk Pool volumes with available space being ignored - why?
From: Paul Key <pkey AT SGUL.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 09:53:39 +0000
Solaris 10
NetWorker Management Console version 3.4.Build.187
based on NetWorker version 7.4.Build.187

We have disks (array devices) mounted as zfs 'bud' X4500 pool volumes that are used for
incremental backups.  The incremental backups are stalling and the message:

Waiting for 1 writable volumes to backup pool 'X4500' disk(s) or tape(s) on backup2

is repeated in daemon.raw every few seconds. There are recycled bud volumes - disks - available with space:

#> mminfo -a -r 'volume,%used,pool,location' -q '!full' | grep '4500 ' | grep ' 0%'
X4500.110         0% X4500
X4500.116         0% X4500
X4500.118         0% X4500
X4500.119         0% X4500
X4500.128         0% X4500
X4500.135         0% X4500
X4500.138         0% X4500
X4500.140         0% X4500

Any idea how the backup server can start using the available pool media? Anything to check or configure that I've missed to enable this?

Thanks

Paul