Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Reporter V6.0 is born !

2013-02-05 09:45:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Reporter V6.0 is born !
From: FAIDHERBE Thierry <thierry.faidherbe AT FOREM DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 14:33:12 +0000
Yes,

-per_ss_monitor is nice and allow you to track per saveset data grow evolution.

If you have rman/backing SAP/.... generating unique saveset name,
there is saveset aliasing, to group savesets to a virtual new one.

-stageinfo will rebuild index for advfile devices inventory

-nsrinfo can be helpful to track saveset file list. (useful to verify directive
applications or to reduce saveset retention period). Get saved file list from
client file index. Can also be useful for long term retention backups that
are not archived (archives do not generate client file index records)
Can be customized (to skip or not) specific savesets (ex skip c:\, /, /opt)
that are OS classic filesystems.

If you have solaris zones and backuping at globalzone level,
or vmware with proxy backups, you can also define virtual clients
ex: for getting easier zone backup status without knowing global zone server
used to take backup.

You can also daily notify project managers, management, ... by customizing
servers interest lists. Networker reporter will daily post xls with backup
status

If you have windows clients, you can schedule once a week nsr_client_probe
for getting system setup, drivers, hardware, partitions, ....
and daily nsr_client_storage_probe for monitoring disk usage and lanman share
access

So, tons of options to explore depending your needs and wishes ...

... and always open to any new suggestion !

Cheers

TH