Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC has stopped working

2013-02-04 10:04:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC has stopped working
From: Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 09:56:53 -0500
Today at 9:54am, Lars Hecking wrote:

Yaron Zabary writes:
I've now installed nmc on a CentOS 5.9 machine and still can't get it
to work :-(

When I launch javaws.jnlp, I get a popup

Application Error
Security Exception
Name: NetWorker Management Console
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: socket

Perhaps I've missed it - what version of Java are you running on the CLIENT where you are trying to start NMC? I ask, because as far as I know, the NMC for 7.6 does not work with JAVA 7, only JAVA 6.